[ExI] miscommunication (was: Yet another health care debate)

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 25 06:06:01 UTC 2008

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Oh, you mean in this paragraph he wrote
> that you quoted a little earlier?

>"Extreme libertarians do, from time to time, bring up the
> suggestion  of letting all the poor, mentally disabled,
> physically disabled, etc. fall by the wayside
> (evolution in action), but we are trying to civilize them."

Not all "buts" are created equal, and yes. I maintain that in
examining the word "them" in the above a stronger case
can be made for it referring to the mentally disabled rather
than libertarians. But who the hell knows what he was really
talking about, he still hasn't told us. Or perhaps you think
this just illustrates my secret desire to instigate death camps.

I am not ashamed of my views, if I thought the disabled should
fall by the wayside you would not need to infer it from some subtlety, I
would say so in a loud clear voice. And
there are indeed some extreme libertarians who think the poor
should die, just not this extreme libertarian. As I said before
some libertarians can be very nice people and others can be
bastards. In that they are no different from anybody else.

And I am still waiting for your examination of the archives to
provide an example of me EVER refusing to accept something
as just a slip of the tongue. I believe you have not provided
such an example because such a thing does NOT exist.

 John K Clark