[ExI] The Nuclear Huns

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:14:04 UTC 2008

>  The problem most people on this list have is that they take
>  their daily "nice" behavior (which as I said betrayed me
>  this morning) and project it into a sphere where they should
>  know better.

The problem many people on this list have is that they take the US
point of view, even a nationalistic US point of view, for granted.

Now, I have no doubts that it may be in the best interest of the US to
limit, say, nuclear proliferation in the Korean peninsula, but I would
say that the North-Korean government has  made the most they could of
the not-so-trivial achievement (for what is ultimately a relatively
primitive country) of establishing a nuclear technology. In fact, this
is a win or win scenario for them: either North Korea becomes a
nuclear power, with the dividends automatically paid by the mere fact
of belonging to the club (such as becoming invulnerable to Iraqi-style
invasions), or the powers interested in having it to waive nuclear
weapons are bound to deliver equivalent or superior advantages.

Stefano Vaj