[ExI] To Arms!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:25:02 UTC 2009

On 4/1/09, Damien Broderick wrote:
> At 11:03 PM 3/31/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
> > To make myself more clear, I am actually fucking pissed off that
> > the idea of kicking people out of their homes for being Muslim is
> > being bandied about here. WTF?
> >

>  Usually there's nothing more boring than posting "Me, too," but sometimes
> it's necessary. Me too!

When economic depression hits, xenophobia raises its ugly head.
'These furriners taking our jobs - send them back where they came from!'.

(Of course, most were born in that country).

Attacking minorities and civil unrest will be one of the unexpected
side effects as the depression starts to get worse. Short-term,
increasing unemployment hits everybody and falling tax receipts means
countries start running budget deficits. But this cannot continue for
long without currency collapse. The UK pound has already fallen by
about 30% against the euro and dollar.

Unfortunately Europe needs immigrants, because the original Europeans
have stopped having children and are aging fast. It is the demographic
timebomb.  Who will be the workers and pay for social security for the
aged?

The future for those populations who stop having children is a
reducing, aging population supported by young workers from immigrant
families.

BillK