[ExI] What the France!?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:34:48 UTC 2009

On 4/7/09, Tom Nowell wrote:

> Now, to address the matter of "why shouldn't France expel the Muslims before they
> become a majority and destroy French institutions?"
>
>  I do not believe mass expulsion would work. I can also argue it would harm France
> for three main reasons: It undermines the foundations of the French state; it would
> encourage mass disobedience to the French state ; it would damage international
> relations.

Do we really need to go back to the basics and write articles in favor
of Human Rights? Remind me again why liberty and human rights are a
good idea - it seems to have slipped my mind.

Ah, perhaps Muslims should be regarded as less than human, then normal
human rights would not apply to them?  Is that the way to progress?
(If so, we can start a list of other groups to be added to the list
for later attention).

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/journalism/nelson/rohde/glossary.html

Human Rights Definitions

Crimes against humanity:
The definition of crimes against humanity overlaps with genocide and
war crimes. Crimes against humanity include murder, extermination,
enslavement, and deportation. Attacks must be widespread (directed
against multiple victims), and systematic (carried out as part of a
plan or policy), rather than isolated instances of criminal conduct.

Ethnic cleansing:
The use of force or intimidation to remove people of a certain ethnic
group from an area is a violation of international law. Article 49 of
the Fourth Geneva Convention forbids "individual or mass forcible
transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied
territory to the territory of the occupying power or that of any other
country."

BillK