[ExI] are all cultures equivalent?.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:07:42 UTC 2009

2009/4/15 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:

> Most of the world population don't boast their accomplishments when they
> have nothing worth to boast.
>
> Muslims are desperate to show Islam is worth something so often they make up
> the most incredible claims. Like Muslims discovered America before Colombo
> or others so absurd that I have not the gut to rewrote here.

Most cultures, nations, even small towns make grandiose claims about
how good they are or what outstanding world figures they have
produced. In fact, even great nations make grandiose claims of
intrinsic superiority and use this to morally justify adding to their
empire by conquering weaker nations.

> They are a
> dying religion, without any accomplishment worth to show.

And the accomplishments of other religions are?

> But in the same
> time their religion teach them that it is Allah will that cause this. They
> can be dualistic, but too much dualism is unbearable. So defences kick in
> and some leave Islam, some stop believing, some start to do more of the
> same, other become self-destructive.
>
> It is surely terrible to be teach that you are the best, the master's
> religion, the people that must rule over the unbelievers and discover that
> you are poor, ignorant, despised, incapable to do anything worth to be sold
> to other. You came out of the desert when westerns discovered oil, you
> become independent from the Turks when the western helped you and defeated
> the Turks, you become rich when the western bought your oil. And you know
> that when the oil will be depleted, or no more requested, you will return in
> the desert to herd camels and goats.

I don't disagree that Islam is ridiculous; it just isn't any more
ridiculous or intrinsically evil than most other religions, like
Christianity. It is *secularism* that has made the Christian world a
nicer place, and secularism will eventually make the Islamic world a
better place also. Liberal Muslims will turn around and say, like
liberal Jews and Christians, that God didn't really mean it when he
said that you have to stone adulterers and Sabbath-breakers.

Having said all this, it sounds like you just don't like Muslims,
especially Arab Muslims, and no evidence is going to change your mind,
any more than Hitler could have been convinced by any evidence
purporting to show that the Jews were benign.

--
Stathis Papaioannou