[ExI] are all cultures equivalent?.

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 16 17:23:40 UTC 2009

"Stathis Papaioannou" <stathisp at gmail.com>

> I don't disagree that Islam is ridiculous

All religions are ridiculous but some are more ridiculous than others.

> it just isn't any more ridiculous or intrinsically evil than most other
> religions

I disagree. In the present day I think Islam causes more evil and keeps more
people backward than any other religion on the planet even though it is not
the largest. I don't see how else to explain that even though they have a
huge amount of natural recourses all the poorest countries in the world are
Islamic. They are about a billion strong but have produced remarkably few
scientists of distinction, or inventors, or artists, or good businessmen.
They produce very few books that the non Islamic world think is worth
reading and they read even fewer books by non Moslems. All this is not an
opinion this is a fact and needs an explanation.

I believe one reason is than more people take Islam seriously than other
religions. Really seriously! They believe it to such a fanatical degree it
would even put to shame the faith that dwellers in the Bible Belt of the USA
have for their particular brand of mumbo jumbo.

> Liberal Muslims will [.]

Ah the Liberal Muslim, a wonderful but illusive creature some believe is
related to the Lock Ness Monster, others say the Abominable Snowman.

> it sounds like you just don't like Muslims, especially Arab Muslims

Do you find them loveable?

> no evidence is going to change your mind, any more than Hitler could have
> been convinced by any evidence purporting to show that the Jews were
> benign.

The Extropian List is well known for being a bastion of political
correctness, I mean we all know that all cultures are equal and none are
inherently evil; so it is with a heavy heart I must say that from your above
statement it almost seems like you don't like Nazi culture very much.

 John K Clark