[ExI] TECHNOPHOBIA!

Michael LaTorra mlatorra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:07:58 UTC 2009

Hmmm. It seems that Dinello has read very little SF but, as reviewer Morgan
says, gets most of his SF evidence from video sources.

On a brighter note, I'm wrapping up this semester teaching my first-ever
course on Science Fiction and Fantasy. I've introduced my university
students to some authors they've never heard of, including Vinge, Stross and
Iain Banks. In my lectures, I've informed them of the concept of the Vingean
Sinularity and Kurzweil's writings about it. Some loved it immediately,
while others were frightened. Best of all, some who were initially
frightened have changed their minds and embraced the Singular possibilities.

There IS hope, folks!

Regards,
Mike LaTorra