[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 06:58:35 UTC 2009

On 8/4/09, John K Clark wrote:
>  Fuck the IPCC! If you're really serious about this, and I mean serious,
>  you're going to have to abandon fossil fuels and that means condemning
>  millions to death and billions to poverty. And all the ethanol alcohol and
>  wind farm fantasies in the world won't change that. I'm not happy about it,
>  I wish there were a alternative, but there isn't, and raging against the
>  inevitable is stupid.
>
>  Like it or not the world runs on fossil fuels. Take that away then the
>  world  won't run. If the world doesn't run then people are going to die. Lots
>  and lots and lots and lots of people. That's when the obscene term "Mega
>  Death" would come into its own.

Sorry to interrupt when you're in full flow, but your comment is
pretty much irrelevant to what to do about global warming.

Fossil fuels are running out. We have to face the problem of doing
without fossil fuels anyway. And fossil fuel running out (and becoming
very expensive) seems likely to happen quicker than global warming.

<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/warning-oil-supplies-are-running-out-fast-1766585.html>
Quote:
The IEA estimates that the decline in oil production in existing
fields is now running at 6.7 per cent a year compared to the 3.7 per
cent decline it had estimated in 2007, which it now acknowledges to be
wrong.
---------

BillK