[ExI] Sea level rise (was: Curves on a graph (was Re:RichardLindzen on climatehysteria))

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:00:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:06 PM, spike<spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Alfio, I have a hard time getting excited over 300 mm/century.  We can move
> cities faster than that,

That's. It has accelerated from a third of that 100 years ago, and
almost nothing before. All models predict that the rate will stay at
least constant, or that it will accelerate further.

I share your view that the current rate is not so bad. Apart from a
few unfortunate islands, damage can be contained. If the pessimist
projections come true it's another story.

> especially given the increased economic opportunites afforded by the planet recovering to more temperate climates.

I find more realistic that, even if the planet was moving towards a
better climate, the transition period would see some difficulties.
Maybe after another steady state is reached.

Alfio