[ExI] Shale as a renewed source of energy

Andrii Zvorygin andrii.z at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:06:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

> I haven't looked into shale in years, so I'm posting this link with an
> invitation to comment. The piece makes it sound promising as a medium-term
> energy source.
>
> Is shale an answer to the energy question?

sure it's an answer. but more accurately it would be "natural gas".

but so is oil, coal, wind, wood, waves.

Greenhouse gases are beneficial to the environment.
Increasing the amount of carbon available to turn into biomass.

Much of the carbon that used to be in the atmosphere is now locked up in
sedimentary rock.
Burning coal is a great idea,
to restore the carbon to the environment.

So we could have bigger fruits and vegetables, and thereby biomass in
general.

Also if we manage to offset global cooling,
we'll have more land available for longer.