[ExI] The Climate Science Isn't Settled [was: Re: climategate again]

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:19:29 UTC 2009

2009/12/3 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>

> The current decade, as we know from actual temperature readings and the
> words written in the infamous emails, had no warming whatsoever over the
> measurement error.
>

>From GISS data I calculate the following averages:

1971-1980:  + 0.01 °C
1981-1990:  + 0.28 °C
1991-2000:  + 0.38 °C
2001-2008:  + 0.64 °C

Standard deviation less than 0.15 °C in all cases. Do you have different
numbers?

>  About your suggestion that reports of ice mass balance are selected for
>> the most melting ones... that's a very serious accusation. Have you got
>> any proof of that kind of selection? Anything?
>>

> The newspapers' reports for sure.

I don't get my info from newspapers.

People can note that the 2009 line is over the 2008 line and the 208 line is
> over the 2007 line (higher = more ice).
>
> But the CO2 emission don't went down.
>
> CRU models didn't predict this nor explain this.

No current climate model make predictions on a period of 3 years. Try a
minimum of 10 years averages, 30 years is better.

Alfio