[ExI] pat condell's latest subtle rant

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Dec 5 11:32:04 UTC 2009

> For instance: My half-brother, who I just learned has been diagnosed
> with serious cancer, has asked me to read a novel that I see is
> extremely popular among the religious (Christian in particular): The Shack.
> [snip]
>
> A Pat Condell-style atheist might tell simply tell my brother that he
> is an idiot to believe this crap. I agreed to actually read this book
> and -- unless it really is *monumentally* stupid -- I intend to
> discuss it with my brother exploratively rather than explaining
> abruptly to him why his decades-long religious beliefs are moronic.
>
> Am I a just a weak fool to do this?

No, you are a kind, gentle man who will care for his brother in this time of great
trial. Were you to refuse to even read the book, that would simply be a slap in the
face... and you'd know that. Forever. A meanness. A shameful thing. IMHO.

Best wishes for your brother and family.  It can be a very rough road.

Regards,
MB