[ExI] atheism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:38:29 UTC 2009

2009/12/13 Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com>

> Wait, you say you are not a Zeus atheist (you think he is real), and do not
> accord him the same status as Yahweh (so you think yahweh is not real)?
>
> You have three categories of reality, one in which Zeus belongs (real), one
> for your keyboard (somehow differently real), and one for Yahweh (presumably
> not real)?
>
> I don't understand why Yahweh and Zeus aren't grouped together.

Because I have issues with any entity whose "existence" would be implicit in
(and necessitated by) its "essence", and who would exists and still not be
part of the world (the world being obviously defined in my mind as the set
of all the things that exist).

Now, all that is applicable, AFAIK, to the very concept of Yahweh, Allah, or
the Holy Trinity; but not to Zeus - nor for that matter to Spiderman or the
Great Gatsby.

--
Stefano Vaj