[ExI] Lomborg article

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:33:42 UTC 2009

On 12/16/09, Max More wrote:
> In Brand's terms, Bjorn Lomborg is neither a Denier nor even a Skeptic. He
> doesn't dispute that warming is happening, nor that humans are the cause. (I
> disagree with him in that I don't think we yet know the extent to which
> humans are contributing to possibly entirely or largely natural warming.)
> So, even BillK and Alfio presumably have no reason to reject his thoughts.

I don't see too much to grumble about in this particular article.  :)

He advocates for more investment in developing green energy, which I agree with.

Though I am dubious about his logic that nations shouldn't spend any
money on coping with global warming until after problems like AIDS and
malaria have been solved.     (Like never!).

But the main problem and the reason that Exxon likes him is what he
doesn't say. Exxon read him as saying that it's OK for the polluters
to carry on as normal. No worries, wait and see. There are more
pressing problems to be concerned about.

That's what ExxonMobil want - to be allowed to carry on polluting for
profit, and they will use any excuse and any person to achieve that
end.

BillK