[ExI] Carbon

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 28 16:28:25 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
>
> Once we start fixating atmospheric carbon dioxide on a large
> scale using renewable energy sources for more than synfuels
> which are immediately returning it we *will* start running
> into atmospheric depletion, which could result in a runaway
> glaciation event and/or have negative impact on plant
> bioproductivity and hence the ecosystem.
> You can bake out the carbonates, though, and and bury them.
> --
> Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>

This is a major difficulty with even claiming that humans can impact
climate.  We are hearing of blizzards slaying proles this week in the US.
If our technology can cool the climate, then we humans become liable for
those deaths.

I predict no changes in climate legislation in the immediately foreseeable.