[ExI] Carbon

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Dec 28 17:28:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 08:28:25AM -0800, spike wrote:

> I predict no changes in climate legislation in the immediately foreseeable.

Legislation is completely teethless, if unenforced, and we don't have
even global consensus in legislation yet. This one looks like we have to
ride it out -- zero surprise there.

Obviously our best chances lie with technology that is cost-effective
even without subsidies. People will only move when their wallet is
hurting. Hopefully, energy won't remain too cheap for too long.