[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Feb 2 14:27:21 UTC 2009

Il 01/02/2009 15.09, Stefano Vaj ha scritto:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net
> <mailto:spike66 at att.net>> wrote:
>
>     Last week we heard a talk about cryonics by Ralph Merkle. Under
>     communism
>     having that procedure is out of the question. The proles would argue
>     that
>     their immediate needs far outrank my desire to be cryopreserved.
>

> Mmhhh. Really? In fact, the Party in its wisdom might even decide that,

Jews must go in the ovens, kulaks in Siberia to be re-educated,
city-dwellers must go in the country to work the fields.

The party, mainly, will decide whatever is the best (or it consider the
best) for their leaderships. The people will be the last of their
interests (as history showed many times).

When "the Party" is unable to give to the people it lead enough food
anything else will be considered superfluous, bourgeois, unpatriotic or
a lunatic's idea. Just now, national health services are unable to meet
the need of living and screaming people, so do you think they will give
a damn about the need of unscreaming cryopreserved people?

Also the leadership of "The Party" will not be able to be cryopreserved.
Do you really think people like Stalin would be cryopreserved by their
successors?
I doubt people will be happy to pay taxes (or not spend them) all their
life to keep well freezed someonelse they didn't know.

Mirco