[ExI] government corruption, was: RE: Social Mobility and Bioconservatism

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:59:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/22 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:
>
>>> Corporations want to screw their customers, employees, competitors and
>>> the environment for every cent they can. That isn't corruption, it's
>>> just business. Add to that, management want to do the same to the
>>> shareholders, awarding themselves higher salaries and increasing the
>>> size and scope of their individual departments.
>>
>> ### Of course not. Corporations don't "want" anything, they have no
>> minds to desire with. If every employee of a corporation happens to be
>> a crook, the corporation will "want" to screw its customers but most
>> people and therefore most corporations are not crooks.
>
> There is nothing crooked about it, it's the way free enterprise works.
> A drug company does not sell a drug because it works, they sell it
> because they can make a profit. If they could get away with selling
> placebo at a much higher profit margin, they would be foolish not to
> do so.

### So you agree that companies want to make money (which is best
achieved by being honest and productive), not screw customers. Good,
that's progress. Now you just need to realize that governments don't
want your money, they want power, and that means you get screwed
eventually.

-----------------------

>> ### Democracy is evil depraved shit. They took 70% of my money to kill
>> random losers in Iraq, to reward incompetent bankers and to pay off
>> the parasites who vote for them.
>
> Indeed: the private sector could have funded the whole thing through
> loot and pillage.

### No, they couldn't, since loot and pillage are wasteful, you can
make more money by honest trade, and reasonable entrepreneurs want to
maximize the return on their investment - so they can buy their women
locally, rather than stealing them in foreign lands.

>> ### They stay in because the "democracy" and Mr Obama the Lightworker
>> are giving them another 800 billion dollars.
>
> If it is felt that in order to prevent a catastrophe the banks must
> not be allowed to fail then they should be nationalised.

### Once you destroy banks using government regulation, the Obama and
Co power grab to gain control of an ever bigger slice of everything is
so much easier to sell.

Rafal