[ExI] government corruption, was: RE: Social Mobility and Bioconservatism

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:28:35 UTC 2009

2009/2/22 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:

>> Corporations want to screw their customers, employees, competitors and
>> the environment for every cent they can. That isn't corruption, it's
>> just business. Add to that, management want to do the same to the
>> shareholders, awarding themselves higher salaries and increasing the
>> size and scope of their individual departments.
>
> ### Of course not. Corporations don't "want" anything, they have no
> minds to desire with. If every employee of a corporation happens to be
> a crook, the corporation will "want" to screw its customers but most
> people and therefore most corporations are not crooks.

There is nothing crooked about it, it's the way free enterprise works.
A drug company does not sell a drug because it works, they sell it
because they can make a profit. If they could get away with selling
placebo at a much higher profit margin, they would be foolish not to
do so.

>  The ultimate sanction
>> against this is that the shareholders can vote to replace the board of
>> directors, who can then replace the management team. This is what
>> happens with governments in a democracy also.
>
> ### Democracy is evil depraved shit. They took 70% of my money to kill
> random losers in Iraq, to reward incompetent bankers and to pay off
> the parasites who vote for them.

Indeed: the private sector could have funded the whole thing through
loot and pillage.

> In fact the Latvian and
>> Icelandic governments have recently collapsed as a result of the
>> financial crisis, while the directors and management of most of the
>> implicated financial institutions stay on, in many cases arguing that
>> they still need to pay themselves millions because that is the only
>> way to retain the "talent" to get themselves out of the mess the
>> "talent" got them into!
>
> ### They stay in because the "democracy" and Mr Obama the Lightworker
> are giving them another 800 billion dollars.

If it is felt that in order to prevent a catastrophe the banks must
not be allowed to fail then they should be nationalised.

--
Stathis Papaioannou