[ExI] H+ & religion call for papers

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 02:50:04 UTC 2009

Calvin Mercer wrote:
We are a scholarly society and use critical method (e.g. historical,
literary) to ply our trade, so the society promotes rational analysis of
religious phenomenon.  As noted in the postings, there are plenty of
atheists and agnostics in the AAR group, as well as plenty of scholars of
religions other than Christianity.  As for the session in question, as a
steering committee we have no agenda for or against H+, and varying views
are held by individual members of the steering committee.  Our committee
goal is to foster a thoughtful discussion about transhumanism and religion.

I must say, what an agreeable fellow!  Why, I bet even the curmudgeonly
proto-transhumanist Damien Broderick could enjoy the company of such a man
and his peers.

John  : )