[ExI] we need a transhumanist themed film to truly inspire the world, but what should it be?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 03:28:40 UTC 2009

A question for all list members...  I feel like it's time for a _2001: A
Space Odyssey_ type film for the current generation.  If James Cameron or
Steven Spielberg were to adapt a transhumanist themed SF novel or short
fiction to film, what narrative or at least plot line (you made up yourself)
would you choose?

I'm really looking forward to Cameron's upcoming film _Avatar_, that some
say will be his magnum opus.  But from what I've heard it will be sort of a
futuristic Rambo in space, rather than truly visionary speculative fiction
that could inspire people to fight for a better world.

Ray Kurzweil's _The Singularity is Near_ motion picture is coming out in
late 2009 but I am not sure if it will have the impact we desire.  But only
time will tell.

John Grigg