[ExI] we need a transhumanist themed film to truly inspire theworld, but what should it be?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 25 04:14:40 UTC 2009

	...time for a _2001: A Space Odyssey_ type film for the current
generation... John Grigg

It would be difficult indeed for any movie to have the lightning bolt impact
of 2001.  I fondly recall those days, shortly before the first moon launch
as I recall.  The local theatre ran it night after night for months on end.
This was of course in the town populated by space nomads.  It might still be
showing there to this day, had it not been for the rumors that there were
certain beings known as "hippies" who were "dropping" "acid" in order to get
"stoned" during the colorful helicopter ride over the everglades at the end
of that picture.  The local authorities were horrified of course.