[ExI] government corruption & Transhumanism

G P SINGH girindra at isac.gov.in
Wed Feb 25 03:58:18 UTC 2009

This is in response to the corruption debate. What exactly now we are
discussing in this post ? Original issue was about italians and then
the topic moved toward trasparency international's CPI's ranks...

I want to  assert it in light of transhumanism. The measurement of
corruption is theoretically not possible by statistics because it is a
crime. And crime is by definition secret. So corruption is not
measurable. In this context role of transhumanist philosophy would be
twofold (you can suggest three or four or ....)

1. How can we measure corruption by means of science and technology ?
2. How can we reduce so called corruption by means of S&T?

I think that before measuring one need to define corruption
operationally. So a monetary corruption would be right where value of
transaction is monitorable. So issues arise here of access. Can we
access swiss bank ? Can we access other persons private data? It would
be a big issue in USA i feel. So corruption has to be followed
precisely. So technologies like eTranscation or eBanking or electronic
tracking of fund can be used.

Answering to second question brings me to rafal, can there be a
genetic cause of corruption ? If yes then genetic therapy can solve
this problem. Or can we find innovative use of punishment for exaple
assigning a social anticorruption rank to each node in social network.
And then reward the least corrupt node. Here i am using the existing
hierarchy conscious approach of cultures to reduce corruption.

Can we have precise views of other members instead of rhetorics ?

GP

---

Girindra Pratap Singh
Scientist-SD,
Indian Space Research Organization
ISRO Satellite Centre
Department of Space, Government of India
Bangalore-560017, INDIA