[ExI] government corruption

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Sat Feb 28 23:35:58 UTC 2009

Il 28/02/2009 4.05, Alejandro Dubrovsky ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 07:09 -0800, spike wrote:
>
>> I am surprised it is only twice as much.  Anything American made is three
>> times as much as anything made in China.  Those life expectancy lists should
>> be broken down by cause of death.  Most of it likely has little or nothing
>> to do with the quality of medical care.  People who are murdered should not
>> be in there, nor those who slay themselves abusing drugs.  Neither of these
>> are the medics' fault.  Somewhere there probably exists data on this.
>>
> Murders and deaths from drug abuse make up an almost insignificant
> number of deaths in any of the OECD countries, including the US.  I
> think that the major difference in the death rate between the US and
> other OECD countries is heart disease (eg see
> fiordiliji.sourceoecd.org/pdf/health2007/812007051-2-4.pdf )
>
> Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the view that the medical
> establishment of other OECD countries is better than the USA's or that
> government supported medicine is better than private.

The difference in health, for various reasons, from different racial
groups, is very underestimate.
I just stumbled in this:
http://sjp.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/36/2/205
Health behaviour among non-Western immigrants with Danish citizenship

 From my empirical knowledge, immigrants have a worse health than not
migrant in the same place.  In England (and Israel) it is know that
Arabs and Pakistani have a large number of hereditary diseases,
something like x10 the means.
Blacks in the USA but not in Africa have an higher probability to
develop hypertension (probably a selective factor in surviving the
Atlantic travel).
Lower IQ people have, usually, a worse health than higher IQ people.
Migrants have, usually, a lower IQ than the Europeans and the East
Asians (mainly migrants from Africa and south Asia and south America).

Mirco