[ExI] What's in a transhumanist name? (was: YES! to Transhumanism)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:29:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I frankly do not like in the term for an org such as OCE is the
> suggestion that the latter might be involved in anything other than
> *cultural* engineering, and aim as such at the actual engineering of
> H+ solutions, which would in my view be a misguided and delusional
> ambition, this being the job of corporate R&D depts, of visionary
> startups, of State-funded agencies, of community-based specific
> projects such as those of the Open Source movement, and of individual
> researchers.

You people need to more explicitly state that on your pages. Put
something up on the front page like: "We do not participate in the
actual engineering of H+ solutions, a misguided and delusional
ambition, this being the job of corporate R&D departments, startups,
state-funded agencies, or well-funded researchers, which we generally
happen not to be any of, and disinterested in direct participation in
open source projects of those H+-related solutions". Would save a lot
of people a lot of trouble. You know what, just point them my way
instead, or something.

Whatever happened to the hobbyist machinist, anyway?

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507