[ExI] What's in a transhumanist name? (was: YES! to Transhumanism)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:53:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You people need to more explicitly state that on your pages. Put
>> something up on the front page like: "We do not participate in the
>> actual engineering of H+ solutions"
>
> Actually, there are fellow cosmic engineers who not only are
> personally involved in such activities, but would like to see the
> Order itself directly engaged in its own tech projects.

That doesn't seem to be the majoriy opinion, and those who are doing
projects would be doing them anyway regardless of OCE.

> The fact that this is not the area where to try and leverage the
> scarce resources of a non-profit org, which might achieve much more
> strategic results focusing instead on advocacy, evangelism and
> lobbying in order to have much more massive energies deployed to this
> effect, is just my personal position.

Well, yes, I realize that it was your own personal opinion in the
message that I was replying to, but it's also a shared opinion across
more people than just yourself. But also add in my age bias here, so
whatever. Take it with a grain of salt.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507