[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sat Jan 31 03:50:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 19:49 -0600, Damien Broderick wrote:
> At 03:16 PM 1/30/2009 -0700, Thomas wrote contra regulation:
>
> >Free market traders with education, enlightenment and refinement
> >(civilized) have the advantage over savages.
>
> And, until 150 years ago, often owned them as chattels. (Or were
> those not free market traders?)

Regardless of how one feels about regulation it is obvious that slavery
can not be part of a free market system.  By definition.  Since the
slaves do not have ownership of the results of their labor and more to
the point slaves do not have ownership of themselves in being able to
determine what kind of work to do; where to live; etc.  I have read that
for this reason the term "man stealer" was used as a derogatory term for
a slaver owner and/or trader.

Fred