[ExI] No need for radical changes in human nature/was Re:Private and government R&D

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:02:42 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou> As for changing their brains to make themselves less
aggressive, I am
> hopeful that given the ability to make such changes, more people would
> in fact choose to do this rather than make themselves more aggressive.

Our western culture rewards the aggressive. Doesn´t it?
Once we have this ability to change our brain more directly, wouldn't we
choose to become more aggressive to become more successful? Or will our
society change before we have that ability? Sincerely I don't see it
happening..