[ExI] all michael all the time

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:53:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Emlyn<emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those of you with school age kids, do your kids actually watch TV?
> Mine barely do if ever. It's all youtube, other online video, and
> games. The TV seems to mostly annoy them.

Blessed be the children who need never suffer violation at the hands
of the vile parasites of corporate "entertainment", aaarggghh!

I thank whatever gods may be for the internet, youtube, and bittorrent p2p.

My wife insists that we pay ~ $60/mo for "99% crap 99% of the time"
satellite tv.  I hate it with every fiber of my being.  When we got tv
by cable, I could at least tape the shows I wanted to see and then
fast forward through the commercials.  With satellite tv, the
recording protocol was different and I was too pissed to learn how to
do it.  Plus, I bought a DVR which had the horrible design defect of
losing its
program-recording schedule every time the power went out (which
happens quite frequently -- if briefly -- here on the coast of BC
where I now reside).

Now it's youtube for highly focused, full-spectrum-biased newsy bits.
And bittorrent p2p for crystal clear hd entertainment hermetically
free of even a hint of corporate mind rape.  Aaaaaaaahhhh!

Re spike's original question:  You know the answer spike, we all do.
Profits.  MIchael Jackson, pop icon, über-freak, financially
incompetent self-pauperized super rich poor -- now dead -- guy = tv
eyeballs = corporate profits.    (Now if president what's-his-name as
you call him should suffer some misadventure, I have no doubt he would
supplant the late Jacko as the next number one eyeball draw.  For
exactly the same reason.)

Best, Jeff Davis

"We call someone insane who does not
 believe as we do to an outrageous extent."
                  Charles McCabe