[ExI] constitution amendments, was: iranian riots all a huge mistake

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 19:11:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM, spike<spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>...  I do consider it a valuable
> demonstration to the US government, a reminder that the military vows to
> uphold the constitution, and part of their duty is to remove any president
> that steps outside its limits.

Yo, spike,

Are you suggesting that the US military has such a duty?  I'm no
constitutional scholar, but the only relevant factoids I know of vis a
vis the pres and the military is that on one hand he's the CinC whom
all military personnel must obey, and though military personnel are
supposed to refuse to obey unlawful orders, this almost never happens
because rule number one is instant unquestioned obedience.

It's the congress's duty to do the removing via the impeachment
process, and we've seen how well that works.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                      Ray Charles