[ExI] Private and government R&D

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 07:58:02 UTC 2009

On 7/22/09, Damien Broderick wrote:
> At 11:01 PM 7/21/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
> > ### What makes you think so? Do you see rich individuals and powerful
> > corporations embedded in morally advanced societies routinely
> > squashing anyone that gets in their way?
> >

>  I'm just going to sit here for a while and marvel at this question.

You have to remember that extreme libertarians like Rafal and Dan are
talking about a fictional system. They make it up as they go along.

On the one hand you have reality:
An easy target. Government systems, full of waste, corruption and bureaucracy.

On the other hand, you detach from the real world completely and get:
Libertarian heaven, where no one is poor, sick, or mentally disabled
and all systems work just perfectly.
(Apart from the fact that the major professional class is lawyers,
because everyone is suing each other over the most trivial of 'rights'
transgressions. Like the US doesn't have enough lawyers already!).

BillK