[ExI] Private and government R&D

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Jul 22 10:10:05 UTC 2009

BillK ha scritto:

> On the one hand you have reality:
> An easy target. Government systems, full of waste, corruption and bureaucracy.

So, do you suggest a system corrupt, wasteful and bureaucratic is better
than one less corrupt, less wasteful and less bureaucratic and we must
settle with it.

> On the other hand, you detach from the real world completely and get:
> Libertarian heaven, where no one is poor, sick, or mentally disabled
> and all systems work just perfectly.

Whenever do someone suggested this?
The difference is that in a libertarian system, the evolution of the
services offered is faster, more consumer driven, less wasteful, less
bureaucratic, less corrupt.

On the other hand you detach from the real world completely and have
government systems that are more efficient than private enterprises,
more equitable, more "fair" (like in "fairy tales"). They never oppress
the weak and always curb the powerful (but usually the opposite happen).

Mirco