[ExI] economic oath (was u.s. military oath)

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 28 07:34:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 04:16:43PM +0200, Mirco Romanato wrote:

> Republicans could undermine the Health Care Reform and other "stimulus"
> laws enacted by the Democratic Congress and from the White House with
> something like a "nucular option".
> They could take the political position that, when they will have the
> control of Congress and Presidency, they will not recognize / accept to
> repay any debt or other liability the federal budget would incur caused

This seems like a good reason for them to not be elected ever again.  If
they, after their own long borrowing sprees, promise to renege on the
public debt and ruin 200 years of cultivated reputation based on their
innumerate hysteria, they're clearly incompetent or treasonous.

> I think it is time to force people to be responsible for their
> behaviors. If they lend or make business with crazy governments or
> tyrants, they can not expect that when a different government come to
> the power, it will be the burden of all the craziness done before him.
>
> If you did businesses with Saddam, do not expect to be paid if/when
> Saddam is overthrow. If you sell batons to the Iranian Police do not

So you're comparing Obama to Saddam and Iran?  And you wish to imply
that *he's* crazy?

-xx- Damien X-)