[ExI] Mary Magdelene?/was Re: Iran's plan for their gay population

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:55:17 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 5:16 AM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not so simple! For centuries Christians went about happily making
> war, torturing and killing. Ideas about forgiveness, loving your
> enemy, turning the other cheek etc. did not have much sway.

I also think that the idea that even "authentic" christianism involves
or preach meekness and pacifism is exagerated. Let us say that this is
something mainly aimed at inducing bad conscience in the enemies and
at avoiding a "mounting in pride" by your partisans.

Even the new testament contains many teachings that can be interpreted
otherwise (say "organise terrorist mission to disrupt the bench and
the business of the merchants!", "if you feel you are clean, stone the
adultery!", "drown the pigs if they are possessed!", e.g.).

--
Stefano Vaj