[ExI] Deuteronomy Chapter 13

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 19:05:51 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM,
> Dan<dan_ust at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > My guess is most Jews and Christians are unaware of
> the passage -- or have not focused on it.  (
>
> My guess is that those who *really* adhere to monotheist
> tenets
> usually practise "doublethink", especially when they do not
> have any
> other choice... :-)

Cute, but my guess is most monotheist members of these religions are not textual literalists.  Even the small minority who are still have to do exegesis and interpretation.  I was just trying, by quoting an obvious passage ordering genocide, to show that we can't just look at the sacred texts and draw implications on how so called believers will act.

Regards,

Dan