[ExI] Deuteronomy Chapter 13

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Tue Jun 9 15:31:34 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 3:05:51 pm Dan wrote:
> Cute, but my guess is most monotheist members of these religions are not
> textual literalists.  Even the small minority who are still have to do
> exegesis and interpretation.  I was just trying, by quoting an obvious
> passage ordering genocide, to show that we can't just look at the sacred
> texts and draw implications on how so called believers will act.

My guess is that most of the vocal right-wing political christians are well
aware of this passage and would love to be able to kill nonbelievers.  It is
just that they are hampered by secular laws.

But when you realize that these non-believers include atheists, muslims, gays,
transgendered, liberals, minorities, abortionists, and other traditional
enemies of the religious right, you will see that the killings already happen
almost regularly.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>