[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War (Was: Mary Magdeline...

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:48:02 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 <p0stfuturist at yahoo.com>

>  This is like saying Stalin's apparatchiks let 5 million+ starve in the
> Ukraine, plus another 5  million+ turned into zeks, but they did improve
> heath care and empower women. Pyrrhic achievements.

Why, it depends. If you were a serf with pneumonia or a woman threatened by
execution through stoning, I think you would take "pyrrhic" at any time.

Why do we remain so often obsessed with the need of identifying metaphysical
enemies that could do no good, even in their sleep?

This is probably the worst legacy of monotheistic religions in the modern
world. As somebody said, you need not believe in an absolute Truth to kill
people. But to kill in the process as well the truth with a small "t", this
is surely of great help.

--
Stefano Vaj