[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War (Was: Mary Magdeline...

p0stfuturist at yahoo.com p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 16:46:14 UTC 2009

That is correct. So why do we remain so obsessed with the need of identifying metaphysical enemies? Very sad, isn't it? in old Iraq, Baathists, women and the sick won, but victims of the regime lost. In the '30s, Soviet apparatchiks, women and the sick won, however victims of the Soviet regime lost. A world of winners, losers, hate, unintended consequences, deception & delusion.  I no longer think we LIVE in an uncivilized world-- not a real Life-- we EXIST.

>Why, it depends. If you were a serf with pneumonia or a woman threatened by execution through stoning, I think you would take "pyrrhic" at any time. Why do we remain so often obsessed with the need of identifying metaphysical enemies that could do no good, even in their sleep?
 This is probably the worst legacy of monotheistic religions in the modern world. As somebody said, you need not believe in an absolute Truth to kill people. But to kill in the process as well the truth with a small "t", this is surely of great help.
--
Stefano Vaj