[ExI] Inflatable tower could climb to the edge of space

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jun 10 01:36:10 UTC 2009

ME, MY, MINE.

> > How comes that being (supposedly) based in the US you did
> not file for
> > a patent? :-)
>
> You've got me there. Pure laziness.  It's not the money (too much
> paperwork) I just want recognition as the guy who thought of it first...
Best, Jeff Davis

Jeff, a patent on something like this would be useless: it is pretty clear
to me that such a project would not be started in the time a patent is
valid.  This is the sort of project that will take decades to construct
methinks.

I have had fun with the idea in terms of compatibility with Keith's
pop-up-and-push notion.  Having a tower reach to 30km would allow us to
launch with very little, if any, payload fairing.  I have some interesting
findings to post a little later this evening if I get a chance.