[ExI] Inflatable tower could climb to the edge of space

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 9 19:41:13 UTC 2009

At 12:20 PM 6/9/2009 -0700, Jeff wrote:

>I just want recognition as the guy who thought of it first.

Bad luck, you're probably not, unless you thought of it prior to the
mid-1960s. You might be the first who wrote the idea down and posted
it on the web.

(I thought I was the first person to suggest neurosuspension of just
the brain and part of the spinal column, in a letter published in a
magazine back in 1971 [I think, don't have my records with me], but
apparently a cryonicist came up with it a few years earlier--and then
perished, unsuspended, in a sailing accident.)

Damien Broderick