[ExI] Brain coordinate systems?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:25:28 UTC 2009

It would be useful if I was able to address different regions of the
brain by different coordinates, either relative per each dataset, or
with respect to some standard brain. Then, by projecting different
(f)MRI and other imaging results over the standard mold, it would be
possible to compute a difference or relative standard for how to talk
about different parts of the brain. There are a few coordinate systems
that are mentioned in the literature- but this is only a vague memory
of mine. I was wondering if anyone has a particularly favorite brain
region. Does anyone have their own method of cross-referencing
different regions of the brain with different research articles
without going wild with symlinks?

Thanks,

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/