[ExI] Superpower goodness and the efficacy of (largely)internalconstraints

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jun 13 17:10:03 UTC 2009

> ...But this
> time it is more scary, for at least the previous government
> was bitterly opposed by the popular press, whereas they seem
> to fawn all over the current crew... spike

This is a perfect example of what is bothering me:

"I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above - above the
world, he's sort of God."  Newsweek editor Evan Thomas, on MSNBC:

http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.aspx?threadid=1146387

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCRi22jPw-k

This comment was uttered by a mainstream media person, to Chris Matthews,
another mainstream media guy, on Hardball, a mainstream media show.  Where
is the shrieking outrage?  Where is the ridicule?  Will we now say
Obamadamn?
The mainstream media are not doing their job.  They are the new pigs.

The big difference between Obama and god is that Obama doesn't go away the
minute I stop believing.