[ExI] those damn greedy workers

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 13 22:55:51 UTC 2009

[BillK:

>>California cannot afford the pensions that it previously
>>agreed to pay. The government has also spent all the pension pot...
>
>Maybe, if the government of California had let the people to
>organize themselves their pension schemes

Can we be sure of this? Isn't it usually the case (looking at recent
Vast insurance scam/collapses) that "organizing themselves" means
"paying into some huge pension corporation" and that's at least as
likely to be looted as the govt's misuse of the supposedly dedicated
pension pot?

I don't suppose that's inevitable; there's perhaps more incentive,
and capacity, for a govt to squander the pension pot on programs that
get votes more quickly, so maybe an anarchocapitalsit or
anachocommunitarian mix of smaller programs would work better, being
more closely under the eyes of its owners, the pension-investors.
Does anyone know of some long-term empirical evidence on this topic?

Damien Broderick