[ExI] Attacking Rand

dan_ust at yahoo.com dan_ust at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 12:50:16 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 6/10/09, Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:
>> My personal favorite criticism of Rand is one which is
>> short, succinct, and hilarious:
>> http://lefarkins.blogspot.com/2009/03/qotd_23.html
>
> I also recall, as that bookish 14 year old, enjoying Anthem
> a good deal more than Atlas Shrugged.

Same here.  I also enjoyed her other two novels -- _We the Living_ and _The Fountainhead_ -- much more than _Atlas Shrugged_

> But in the Internet
> Age, where we have ample evidence of the incredible value
> that exists inside of a network, Objectivism itself seems to
> be on the road to obsolescence.

I don't know.  I think Objectivism is likely to be an influence for some time to come.  After all, there are a lot of Rand fans out there and her books remain bestsellers.  I'm not sure the Internet Age has slowed this down, though I'm not sure how to measure this.

Regards,

Dan