[ExI] Attacking Rand

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:28:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Wed, 6/10/09, Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:
>>> My personal favorite criticism of Rand is one which is
>>> short, succinct, and hilarious:
>>> http://lefarkins.blogspot.com/2009/03/qotd_23.html
>>
>> I also recall, as that bookish 14 year old, enjoying Anthem
>> a good deal more than Atlas Shrugged.
>
> Same here.  I also enjoyed her other two novels -- _We the Living_ and _The Fountainhead_ -- much more than _Atlas Shrugged_

Interesting. This is applicable also to myself.

BTW, it has come to my mind in the meantime an acute and vivid
judgment by Giulio Prisco on Rand's works and discourse in general:
"As far as libertarianism is concerned, Ayn Rand is to Milton Friedman
what in music Richard Wagner is to cool jazz". :-)

I quote by heart, Giulio is welcome to correct my memory if he reads that.

--
Stefano Vaj