[ExI] Bank of England

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 13:57:53 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 6/23/09, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun
> 23, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 6/22/09, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Dan<dan_ust at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> How would you distinguish between them?  How
> would
>
> >> you measure "politically
> responsibility"?
>

> > Visibility?
>

> Please explain.
>
> You may not see who tells the king what to do, but the king
> is in plain sight.

Yes, though unless one can keep an eye on the king full-time, that he's in plain sight means he can do a lot that won't be noticed.  Of course, some people will have a vested interested in watching him closely, such as the nobility or anyone with lots of money or resources he might pounce on.  But the rest of us will be left to our own devices.

>>> Once more: have you seen Money as Debt?
>>
>> Not yet.
>> Why can't you explain it in 100 words or
>> less?
>
> An economical approach? Allowing you to form your own
> opinion? :-)
>
> I think that if one is
> interested in a given subject, and is in the business of
> discussing with an open mind and not of propaganda of
> articles of faith, a modicum of curiosity for sources
> mentioned therein might be in order. I for sure am always
> grateful of being referred to different POVs, especially
> whenever they can be directly appreciated directly online
> and in half-an-hour... :-)

Oh, I am curious.  (And please don't lecture me on this.  It's bad form.)  I just don't have the time right now to watch a video -- and my Internet time is quite limited.  Also, I have literally dozens of books on banking and money I want to read (and hundreds on economics in general).  There's no reason, at the moment, to move this up the queue, is there?

Regards,

Dan