[ExI] left on iran
Fred C. Moulton
moulton at moulton.com
Sat Jun 27 20:08:30 UTC 2009
It is useful to remember a few things:
1. The left is not some monolithic whole so to ask why the "left" does
or does not do something is rather strange.
2. Sometimes the most important thing to do is Shut Up. Sometimes
outside interference can only make things worse; particularly if the
individuals making speeches are uniformed about the situation. Thus if
a person does not have sufficient information about the situation to
make a sound pronouncement then that person not only shows their wisdom
but actually does something useful by not saying anything.
3. Several analysts have written that this is more that just an
election issue or the young modernists against the old establishment and
might reflect a number of internal conflicts that have been growing for
months. Given the difficulty on getting information it might be
possible that there is no complete analysis available at this time.
4. Remember the poor reputation of the government of the USA in general
and in particular with respect to Iran since 1953.
5. In this country we may be able to make fine distinctions who is
speaking for the government of the USA and who is not but it is more
difficult on the other side of the world.
More information about the extropy-chat