[ExI] Brains (was What is Grace?)

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 10 06:12:46 UTC 2009

"PJ Manney" <pjmanney at gmail.com>

>  As Anatole  France said, "In every well-governed state,
> wealth is a sacred thing; in democracies it is the
> only sacred thing."

He almost makes that sound like a bad thing; the fewer things that are
sacred the better as far as I'm concerned.

Fun Fact: Anatole France's brain weighed just 37 ounces, one of the smallest
non retarded brains ever recorded as the average is 48; and yet the man did
OK with his small brain, it earned him a Nobel. At the other end of the
scale Lord Byron's brain was over twice as big, it weighed 79 ounces. Some
say Ivan Turgenev and Jonathan Swift had even larger brains but it's not as
well documented; but I don't believe any famous person is known to have
a smaller brain than France. I'm not making any point, I just find it
interesting.

 John K Clark