[ExI] Milgram Experiment was What is Grace? (Milgram

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Mar 10 22:40:51 UTC 2009

At 07:41 AM 3/10/2009, spike wrote:

snip

>Ja, I find it continually amazing and appalling that the Nazis were able to
>find enough guys to go along with it.  It demonstrates that we humans can be
>turned under certain circumstances to do monsterously evil deeds.

This is well known.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Milgram Experiment
A lesson in depravity, the power of authority, and peer pressure

http://www.new-life.net/milgram.htm

This article ends with:  "Both of the theories that Milgram proposed
have implications for training our children (or ourselves) to resist
destructive peer pressure."

The assumption in this statement is pure blank state.  People
certainly can be trained but how well the training affects future
behavior varies widely depending on what is being trained into
people.  Motor skills are fairly easy or else people would not learn
to ride bikes.  Training to resist peer pressure I expect to be much
harder and probably the results will be highly dependant on genetic makeup.

Anyone want to guess when Rwanda or Cambodia will have another
population reducing spasm?

Keith