[ExI] the Battlestar Galactica series finale

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:15:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 4:48 AM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know what the rest of you thought about it.  And to what
> extent you considered the series and ending, transhumanistic.

At the risk of sounding like a schoolgirl with a crush, I think the
finale and series as a whole were just stunning. I really can't think
of any SF TV/movie that was on the same level in terms of writing,
acting, and production. I really don't know why it's so under
appreciated, except I suppose being tied into the campy 70's series
probably turned a few people off. I pity any SF fans who shrugged it
off and probably won't make it through the whole series without being
exposed to lots of spoilers.

Regarding the finale, I'm still trying to fit all the pieces together,
but I do think the resolution was nicely transhumanistic.

-Dave